Always consult the official Owners Manuals and Guides first.
Information about the FM3 may be incomplete or wrong, it's being worked on.
- Tempo averaging has been added in firmware 3.02. Improved in 10.11.
- Cliff: "The tempo LED is handled by a low-priority thread so it isn't rock solid and the higher the CPU usage the less solid it will be. The metronome, however, is perfectly accurate." Source
Auto-activating a Delay
- When the parameter Auto Delay in the Tempo menu is set to “ON,” any delay blocks that are bypassed will become active whenever a tempo is tapped in. This allows you to set the tempo and un-bypass your delay block(s) from a single footswitch.
- The Axe-Fx II can opeate as a metronome via the Tempo menu (firmware 6 and later).
- The metronome plays through Output 1.
- You can start the metronome with an IA switch (CC is listed in the I/O menu).