Always read the official Owners Manuals first!
Here's a quick start guide to contribute to the Wiki.
- 1 How to edit an existing page
- 2 How to create a new page
- 3 How to add categories to a page
- 4 How to add headers
- 5 How to link to another Wiki page
- 6 How to link to an external page
- 7 How to create a numbered list or bullet list
- 8 How to change the title of a page
- 9 How to delete a page
- 10 How to embed a file or image
- 11 How to create a redirect page
- 12 How to learn more
How to edit an existing page
- Log in.
- Click on the Edit tab.
- Edit the text.
- Click on "Save page".
How to create a new page
- In the address bar type a new name after "title=". Names can have spaces but avoid things like brackets etc.
- Click on "Edit" or "Create".
- Add text.
- Add categories.
- Click on "Save page" after having previewed it.
Make sure to choose a good page title to make sure it'll displayed correctly in the alphabetical list of pages.
How to add categories to a page
To make a page show up on category pages, one or more categories must be added.
- Edit the page.
- At the bottom of the page add this: [[category=...]] and fill in a category name.
You can see the available categories here.
How to add headers
Start and end a line with the "=" character, like this:
Use short links (without http://) between double brackets to link to other wiki pages, like this: [[Axe-Fx II Wiki Home]].
Use the name of a page as it is displayed in the address bar after "title=".
To name the link differently, do this: [[Axe-Fx II Wiki Home | To the homepage]]
If the link doesn't work it'll appear in red after saving the page.
To link to an external page, use the full URL and put it between single brackets like this: [http://www.fractalaudio.com].
To name the link differently, do this: [http://www.fractalaudio.com | to the website].
How to create a numbered list or bullet list
Start a list with bullets with a "*" on a new line.
Start a numbered list with a "#" on a new line.
How to change the title of a page
Use the "Move" command to move the page to a new title. Then delete the old one.
How to delete a page
Use the "Delete command. Be cautious!
How to embed a file or image
- Upload the file.
- Edit a page and add:
- image: [[Image:name+extension]]
- file (such as PDF): [[File:name+extension]]
How to create a redirect page
To create a redirect page:
- Add or edit a page.
- Put the text #REDIRECT [[...]] and fill in the name of the target page.
- Save the page.