Always consult the Owners Manuals first.
Note: the wiki is currently being updated with information about the FM3.
Forum member and programmer AlGrenadine provides a handy utility for Fractal Audio's processors: FracTool.
FracTool manages presets and cabs and does a lot more. It complements Fractal Audio's own editors. It works with and without a connection to the processor.
FracPad III is donationware. Don't forget to make a donation if FracTool helps you accomplishing things.
FracTool is constantly being improved. It will automatically update.
For a list of its current features, check the download thread above. Below is a shortlist of features.
Axe-Fx II and AX8
Conversion of presets between FAS devices
- Opens Axe-Fx II XL and XL+ presets on Axe-Fx II and Mark II devices, and performs offline conversion
- Opens Axe-Fx II presets on AX8 and FX8 devices, and vice versa, and performs offline conversion
- Converts Tone Match data, exports to WAV
- Converts Preset/Cab bundles
- Converts Block files
- Strips Global Block data
Auditioning and viewing
- Shows the list of cabs being used by presets
- Lists the presets in which a specific cab is being used
- Shows the layout of a preset, online and offline
- Shows a block parameters, online and offline
- Exports blocks from a preset
- Auditions single or multiple presets, cabs, and banks
- Creates banks from presets, converts banks into presets
- Renames presets and cabs
- Auto-auditions presets and cabs by using a timer
- Compares amp models without changing parameters
- Resets specific parameters
- Set, increase, or decrease a parameter in multiple presets
- Exports grid and parameters values to PDF, CSV, XML or HTML
- Supports Axe-Change
- Auto-updates itself
- Supports ZIP-files
Same support as for the Axe-Fx II and more.
FracTool can convert Axe-Fx II/XL/XL+ presets and AX8 and FX8 presets, to make them load in the Axe-Fx III. Backwards conversion is not supported.
Not yet known. @@
FracTool supports the FX8. There are limitations because of differences in the architecture of the FX8:
- Parallel paths are not processed when converting to Axe-Fx and AX8
- Only the first 8 blocks of Axe-Fx and AX8 presets are processed when converting to FX8