Always consult the official Owners Manuals and Guides first.
Information about the FM3 may be incomplete or wrong, it's being worked on.
- Forum member and programmer AlGrenadine has created a handy tablet/phone editor for the Axe-Fx II and AX8: FracPad. It provides all the tools to edit and manage presets, blocks etc. without having to connect a computer.
- More information on the forum.
- It's commercial software, available for Android (6.0+) and iOS.
Connecting FracPad: Android
- Android USB: this requires a compatible USB adapter, called "USB OTG". This works on AX8 and Axe-Fx II models.
- Android Bluetooth: the Yamaha UD-BT01 is recommended for the AX8. Launch the app "MIDI BLE Connect" (PlayStore), followed by FracPad.
Connecting FracPad: iOS
- iOS USB: required when using the AX8 (the AX8 doesn't support editing through MIDI). Use the "USB camera adapter" for Apple devices.
- iOS MIDI: required when using the Axe-Fx II (the Axe-Fx II doesn't have a USB host). Use a 3rd party iOS MIDI interface sucha as iRig2 MIDI, or a general purpose USB-MIDI interface like Roland's UM-One in conjunction with the "USB camera adapter" for Apple devices.
- iOS Bluetooth: Bluetooth Low Energy is required, so check that your iDevice handles Bluetooth LE (Bluetooth 4.0+). This means at least iPad3 or iPhone4s (source).
- AX8: the Yamaha UD-BT01 is recommended. Launch the app "Midimttr" (AppStore), followed by FracPad.
- Axe-Fx II and Bluetooth: the Yamaha MD-BT01 (note the different product number) is recommended. It requires the use of the MIDI IN and OUT ports. Launch the app "Midimttr" (AppStore), followed by FracPad.