Always consult the official Owners Manuals and Guides first.
Information about the FM3 may be incomplete or wrong, it's being worked on.
- Forum member and programmer AlGrenadine has created a handy tablet/phone editor for the Axe-Fx II and AX8: FracPad. It provides all the tools to edit and manage presets, blocks etc. without having to connect a computer.
- More information on the forum.
- It's commercial software, available for Android (6.0+) and iOS.
Connecting on Android
- USB: requires a compatible USB adapter, called "USB OTG". It will work both on AX8 and AxeFx II/XL/XL+ models.
- Bluetooth : For the AX8, the use of a Yamaha UD-BT01 is recommended. Launch the app "MIDI BLE Connect" PlayStore then FracPad
Connecting on iOS
- USB : Possible only for the AX8 due to iOS system limitations. Use the "USB camera adapter" for Apple devices.
- MIDI : Possible only for the AxeFX II/XL/XL+ due to AX8 MIDI-ports limitations. Use a 3rd party iOS MIDI interface like iRig2 MIDI. You can also use a general purpose USB-MIDI interface like Roland UM-One in conjunction with the "USB camera adapter" for Apple devices.
and "USB camera adapter" for Apple devices. Note: this does NOT work when using the iOS version with the Axe-Fx II, because of system limitations.
Connecting on iOS and Bluetooth
Bluetooth Low Energy is required, be sure to check that your iDevice handles Bluetooth LE (Bluetooth 4.0+)
- Bluetooth for the AX8 : the use of a Yamaha UD-BT01 is recommended. Launch the app "midimttr" AppStore then FracPad
- Bluetooth for the AxeFx II/XL/XL+ : the use of the Yamaha MD-BT01 (note the different product reference !) is recommended. It will use both MIDI in/out ports of your AxeFx. Launch the app "midimttr" AppStore then FracPad