Always consult the Owners Manuals and FAQs first.
FM3 information is being added as it becomes available, but it's preliminary and not final until release
Multi Delay block
Available on which products
- Axe-Fx III: no
- FM3: no
- Axe-Fx II: 2 blocks
- AX8: 1 block
- FX8: 1 block
Channels or X/Y switching
- Axe-Fx II: no
- AX8: X/Y
- FX8: X/Y
What is the Multitap Delay
The Multi-Delay is a rhythmic multi-tap delay block, available on the Axe-Fx II, AX8 and FX8.
It has 10 sub-algorithms:
- Quad Tap
- Plex Delay
- Plex Detune
- Plex Shift
- Band Delay
- Quad Series
- Rhythm Tap
- Multi Tape Delay
More information in the Owner's Manuals
On the Axe-Fx III and FM3, the Multitap Delay block, Plex Delay block and Ten-Tap Delay block provide the (enhanced and expanded) functionality of the Multi Delay block. Confusingly, the Multitap Delay block is often referred to as: Multi Delay.
Tips and tricks
- Apply High Cut if you want the Multi Delay to not interfere with the dry signal.
- If you need a specific number of repeats, use Band Delay or Tap Ten Delay.
- In Plex Shift Mode, adjusting Shift will affect pitch, tempo and the number of repeats. This is not a bug. source
- Multi Delay doesn't support spillover between presets.
- Multi Delay features a "true" Mono Tape Echo mode.
- Effects wizard Simeon provides a load of magnificent delay effects: Simeon's effects
"Filters are defeated if Master Q is 0.1. Turn up the Master Q." source