Tempo and Metronome
From Axe-Fx II Wiki
The information on this page supplements the official manuals.
Tap Tempo modes
- The Global menu provides a Tap Tempo mode option.
- Average: averages the tempo to the last ten taps.
- Last Two: uses only the most recent two taps to determine the tempo.
- When tapping the Tempo button or switch, the Tempo menu appears. It will disappear after a few seconds. You can specify in the Global menu how long it should stay on-screen.
Global Tempo and Preset Tempo
- You can specify in the Tempo menu if you want tempo to operate globally (across all presets) or per preset.
- Cliff: "The tempo LED is handled by a low-priority thread so it isn't rock solid and the higher the CPU usage the less solid it will be. The metronome, however, is perfectly accurate." source
- Fractal Audio devices can output a metronome signal. The metronome is located in the Tempo menu. You can start the metronome using an IA switch or through the Tempo menu. The metronome plays through Output 1 only!
Auto-activating a Delay using Tap Tempo
- If the parameter Auto Delay in the Tempo menu is “ON,” any delay blocks that are bypassed will become active whenever a tempo is tapped in. This allows you to set the tempo and un-bypass your delay block(s) from a single footswitch.
MIDI CCs for Tempo and Metronome
- MIDI CC for Tempo: CC 14.
- MIDI CC for Metronome: CC 122.