Always consult the Owners Manuals first
From Axe-Fx II Wiki
Available on which Fractal Audio products
- Axe-Fx III: 2x.
- Axe-Fx II: 2x.
- AX8: 1x.
- FX8: 2x.
X/Y and channels
- Axe-Fx III: 4 channels.
- Axe-Fx II: yes.
- AX8: yes.
- FX8: yes.
Mono and stereo
The Rotary block is stereo by default. You can make it mono by setting Spacing at 0% or placing it before the Amp block.
Position of the Rotary block
Many players put the Rotary block after the Amp block. Consider placing it before the Amp block, just like you would do with a pedal. Note that, unless you use two amp blocks, the Rotary will run in mono when placed before the Amp block. Or try it in parallel to a Cabinet block.
Tweaking the Rotary
- If you want less or more throbbing, decrease the Depth values, or add some dry signal.
- To add more shimmer, increase High Level.
- Horn Length controls the modulation depth.
- Change the relative speeds of both rotors by adjusting Low Rate Multiplier.
- Adjust the Time Constant parameters to adjust the ramp up/down speeds.
Switching between two speeds
To switch between two fixed speeds with a switch:
- Assign the Rate parameter to an external controller (switch).
- Set Min to (example) 800 and Max to (example) 6.300 In the Rate's modifier menu.
- Program the MIDI controller to send “127” (using the CC of the switch) for fast and “0” for slow.
Another way to switch between two speeds: use X/Y or channels and use the same settings except for Rate.
Switching between speeds automatically ramps!
Rotary brake function
|Parameter||Axe-Fx III||Axe-Fx II||AX8, FX8|
|Hi Depth, Low Depth||yes|
|Low Rate Multiplier||yes|
|Low/Hi Time Constant||yes|
|LF/HF Mic Spacing||yes|