Rotary Cabinet effect
From Axe-Fx II Wiki
The information on this page supplements the official manuals.
Rotary: supported by which Fractal Audio products?
- Axe-Fx II: yes.
- AX8: yes.
- FX8: yes.
Rotary and X/Y switching
- The Rotary block in the Axe-Fx II, AX8 and FX8 supports X/Y switching.
Mono or stereo Rotary
- The Rotary block is stereo by default. You can make it mono by setting Spacing to 0%.
Rotary block position on the grid
- Many players put the Rotary block after the Amp block. Also consider placing it before the Amp block, just like you would do with a pedal. Note that, unless you use two amp blocks, the Rotary will run in mono when placed before the Amp block. Or try it in parallel to a Cabinet block.
- If you want less or more throbbing, decrease the Depth values, or add some dry signal.
- To add more shimmer, increase High Level.
- Horn Length controls the modulation depth.
- Change the relative speeds of both rotors by adjusting Low Rate Multiplier.
- Adjust the Time Constant parameters to adjust the ramp up/down speeds.
Rotary switching between two speeds
- To switch between two fixed speeds with a switch:
- Assign the Rate parameter to an external controller (switch).
- Set Min to (example) 800 and Max to (example) 6.300 In the Rate's modifier menu.
- Program the MIDI controller to send “127” (using the CC of the switch) for fast and “0” for slow.
- Another way to switch between two speeds is to use X/Y. Use the same settings except for Rate.
- Switching between speeds automatically ramps!