From Axe-Fx II Wiki
The information on this page supplements the official manuals.
Phaser: supported by which Fractal Audio products?
- Axe-Fx II: yes.
- AX8: yes.
- FX8: yes.
X/Y switching in the Phaser block
- The Phaser block in the Axe-Fx II, AX8 and FX8 supports X/Y switching.
Phaser: mono or stereo output
- Phaser defaults to mono to prevent phase problems when used before an Amp block. To make it stereo, change the LFO Phase setting and place it after Drive, Amp and (mono) Cab.
Feedback Tap parameter in the Phaser block
- Cliff: "There is no feedback on a Script 90." source
Preventing thump when engaging the Phaser
- If engaging/bypassing the Phaser block causes an audible thump or gap, change Input impedance to 1M (Axe-Fx II and FX8).
Controlling the start of the Phaser sweep
- Use the parameter “LFO Bypass Reset”. When set to anything other than “Off”, the LFO will be reset to the selected phase whenever the block is bypassed. This allows synchronizing the sweep to the engagement of the effect.
Creating an Uni-vibe effect
- The Vibe effect is a special mode of the Phaser block. Set Vibe Mode to On (or select the Classic Vibe type). This mode at default settings was modeled after the Fulltone Deja-Vibe. source
- Cliff: "You need it before the amp if you want the bump." source
- Tip: connect a pedal or switch (via an external controller) to the Rate parameter to control speed.
- Robin Trower vibe settings.
Barber Pole Phaser type
- This phaser type works best when placed at the end of the chain.