When there's no sound
If a preset doesn't produce any sound, check the following:
- Device has latest firmware.
- Cables are okay.
- Input must be connecteed to output on grid (blocks or shunts).
- Bypass Mode in bypassed blocks is not set to “Mute”.
- Blocks are in the correct X/Y state or channel.
- Cab block doesn't link to an empty user cab slot.
- Volume block with attached controller must not be set to zero volume.
- Output level knobs on hardware should be turned up.
- FX8 preset: correct "pre/post" config.
- Volume pedal passes signal.
- If an imported preset shows up empty, it was probably created with firmware that is more recent than loaded on your hardware. Update the firmware!
Generate a test tone
If you want to make sure you're device is capable of generating sound, try this:
- Add a Synth block.
- Connect it to the grid output.
- Select Sine wave and turn off Tracking.
- This generates a simple test tone.