From Axe-Fx II Wiki
The information on this page supplements the official manuals.
Play music through USB Audio
To play music from a computer through the USB port of the Axe-Fx (USB Audio), connect the computer to the Axe-Fx with a USB cable. The music will be mixed into the signal without any other requirements. The signal is not going through the grid, so there's no need to set I/O > Input to USB. To adjust the volume of the music, adjust the volume in the music application on the computer or use the USB Level parameter in I/O > Audio.
There's no way to route the audio through Output 2.
The AX8 doesn't support USB Audio (input nor output).
Play music through Input 1
You can use Input 1 at the rear of the Axe-Fx to play music from an external audio player.
- Connect the music player.
- Set Input 1 Mode to: Stereo.
- Press the Bypass button to bypass any processing.
Play music through Input 2
You can play music from an audio player through Input 2 on the Axe-Fx and AX8.
- Connect the device to Input 2 L/R.
- Add a FXL block to enable the signal to enter the grid.
- Connect FXL to the grid output to stream the music to Output 1.
- If you want the music to play through Output 2, put the FXL block between Feedback Send and Feedback Return blocks This is not possible on the AX8.