From Axe-Fx II Wiki
The information on this page supplements the official manuals.
Play music through USB Audio
To play music from a computer through the Axe-Fx II (USB Audio), connect the computer to the Axe-Fx II with a USB cable. The music will be mixed into the signal without any other requirements. The signal is not going through the grid, so there's no need to set I/O > Input to USB. There's no way to route the audio to Output 2. To adjust the volume of the music, adjust the volume in the music application on the computer or use the USB Level parameter in I/O > Audio.
The AX8 doesn't support USB Audio (input nor output).
Play music through Input 1
You can use Input 1 at the rear of the Axe-Fx to play music.
- Connect the music player.
- In I/O set Input 1 Mode to: Stereo.
- Press the Bypass button to bypass any processing.
Play music through Input 2
Another way to play music through the Axe-Fx II or AX8 from an audio player, is to use Input 2.
- Connect the device to Input 2 L/R.
- Add a FXL block to enable the signal to enter the grid.
- Connect FXL to the grid output to stream the music to Output 1.
- If you want the music to play through Output 2, put the FXL block between Feedback Send and Feedback Return blocks This is not possible on the AX8.