From Axe-Fx II Wiki
Mixer: supported by which products?
- Axe-Fx II: yes.
- AX8: no.
- FX8: no.
Mixer types: preset and block
- The grid output block on the Axe-Fx II, AX8 and FX8 contains a mixer. It has a level control which controls the overall volume of the preset. Its setting can be different for each preset scene, see Scenes. Vol Incr and Vol Decr adjust this level.
- There's also a dedicated Mixer effect block, which can be bypassed.
Mixer and X/Y switching
- The Mixer block in the Axe-Fx II XL and XL+ supports X/Y switching.
Mixer in the first column
- A Mixer block in the first column on the grid operates differently. Only Gain and Balance for the first row are functional, the others are ignored.
Using Mixer for routing
- Attach an external controller (switch) to the Mixer for routing purposes. Example: operating the pedal or switch can enable one row (effect) and bypass another. This lets you use a single pedal to operate as a Wah (Wah block) or a Whammy (Pitch block). See Expression pedals, external switches.