Help, no sound
List of things to check
If the unit or a preset doesn't produce any sound, check the following:
- Device has latest firmware installed.
- Physical cables are okay.
- Input is connected to output on the grid (blocks or shunts).
- Bypass Mode in bypassed blocks is not set to “Mute”.
- Axe-Fx III: you're using the correct physical outputs, corresponding with the output block on the grid.
- Blocks are set to the correct X/Y state or channel.
- The Cab block is not set to an empty user cab slot.
- Volume block with attached controller is not set to zero volume.
- Output level knobs on hardware are turned up.
- FX8 has correct "pre/post" preset config.
- Volume pedal is not muting the signal.
Generating a test tone
If you want to make sure that the hardware is capable of generating sound, try this:
- Add a Synth block and connect it to the grid output
- Select the Sine wave and turn off Tracking.
- This generates a simple test tone.