From Axe-Fx II Wiki
Global blocks: supported by which Fractal Audio products?
- Axe-Fx II: yes.
- FX8: no.
- AX8: no.
Wicked Wiki: global blocks
Exporting or backing up global blocks
- When backing up a preset with global blocks, you also always need to backup the System data too, to be able to restore the stored data.
Global blocks and modifier parameters and controller settings
- Modifier settings are not saved within global blocks. The same goes for controllers settings. You can use Recall Effect in the Axe-Fx II to copy controller settings from one preset to another, or use the editor.
Global control of Bypass state
- The state (On/Off) of a Global block is saved per preset. This means you can set Global Block #1 Off in one preset, and On in another.
- If you want global control of the bypass state of an effect block, here's a solution:
- Attach the Bypass parameter of the effect block to an External controller.
- In the I/O menu, switch the External controller between 0% or 100% to change the effect's Bypass state. Or assign a switch on your foot controller to the MIDI CC of the External Controller to switch the block.
- This works with global and non-global blocks, and across all presets with the same effect block.
Preset noise gate and preset input level as global blocks
- The Noise Gate in the GTE/IN menu, including the Level control on that page, can be linked to a global block.
- You can unlink a global block in the following ways:
- Within the global block menu.
- By using STRIP ALL GLOBAL DATA in Utility.
- By pressing Enter while in the Recall menu on the Axe-Fx II.
- By using Axe-Edit or Fractal-Bot.
Removing global block data from the Axe-Fx II
- There's no authorized method to clean your Axe-Fx II from the global block data, stored somewhere in the system data memory area. If you really need to get rid of that, contact Fractal Audio Support.
AX8 and FX8 and global blocks
- Fractal Audio: