From Axe-Fx II Wiki
The information on this page supplements the official manuals.
What is Fractal-Bot?
Fractal-Bot is a lightweight, free utility that lets you easily transfer data to and from your Axe-Fx II, MFC-101 and FX8.
You can use Fractal-Bot to:
- upgrade the firmware of your Fractal Adio device
- send or retrieve single presets and preset banks
- retrieve user cabs
- send or retrieve system data
- create and restore backups
- fix a "bricked" device.
Fractal-Bot does not support the Axe-Fx Standard and Ultra.
- Axe-Fx II: you need to install Fractal Audio's USB drivers first. You can use the Axe-Fx II as a MIDI interface. Read the manual or follow the instructions after launching Fractal-Bot.
- FX8 and AX8: no driver required.
- MFC-101: use a MIDI interface or use the Axe-Fx II's USB Adapter Mode (read the manual).
If the Browse button doesn't work, exit Fractal-Bot, delete the file "Fractal-Bot.settings" and restart.
If the factory preset banks on the Axe-Fx II show up empty after updating with Fractal-Bot, install the latest firmware first. Old firmware (even minor versions) may not always be able to read newer preset revisions.
- Try another USB cable.
- Do not use cable extenders or USB hubs.
- Try another USB port on the computer.
- Check for corrupt IRs or presets. Even empty slots may be corrupt (clear them using the software editor).
- Adjust the MIDI Buffer Delay.