FractalTool is a handy utility for the Axe-Fx II, AX8 and FX8, created by forum member and programmer AlGrenadine.
FracTool for Axe-Fx II models and AX8
FracTool is constantly being improved. Check the thread above to learn its latest features, including:
Conversion of presets between FAS devices
- Opens Axe-Fx II XL and XL+ presets on Axe-Fx II and Mark II devices, and performs offline conversion.
- Opens Axe-Fx II presets on AX8 and FX8 devices, and vice versa, and performs offline conversion.
- Converts Tone Match data, exports to WAV.
- Converts Preset/Cab bundles.
- Strips Global Block data.
Auditioning and viewing
- Shows the list of cabs being used by presets.
- Lists the presets in which a specific cab is being used.
- Shows the layout of a preset, online and offline.
- Shows a block parameters, online and offline.
- Exports blocks from a preset.
- Auditions single or multiple presets, cabs, and banks.
- Creates banks from presets, converts banks into presets.
- Renames presets and cabs.
- Auto-auditions presets and cabs by using a timer.
- Compares amp models without changing parameters.
- Resets specific parameters.
- Set, increase, or decrease a parameter in multiple presets.
- Exports grid and parameters values to PDF, CSV, XML or HTML.
- Supports Axe-Change.
- Auto-updates itself.
- Supports ZIP-files.
FracTool for Axe-Fx III
FracTool does not support the Axe-Fx III (yet).
FracTool for FX8
FracTool supports the FX8, but because of differences in the architecture of the FX8, there are certain limitations:
- Parallel paths are not processed when converting to Axe-Fx and AX8.
- Only the first 8 blocks of Axe-Fx and AX8 presets are processed when converting to FX8.