Always consult the Owners Manuals first
Firmware release notes - Axe-Fx III
From Axe-Fx II Wiki
- Fixed Pitch block not setting number of voices correctly, i.e. Whammy modes should have one voice but two voices were audible.
- Fixed Input 1 Level Meters not scaled properly when input source is USB.
- Fixed minor bug in Rotary GUI.
- Fixed wrong default Output Level value in Return block.
- Fixed garbage data in SPDIF output buffer if no Output 1 block in layout.
- Added “Update Rate” parameter to Modifiers. Values are Slow | Medium | Fast. The Update Rate selects the rate at which the modifier updates the target parameter. For most applications a slow rate is sufficient. Under some circumstances a slow rate may cause “zipper noise”. Increasing the rate will reduce the noise at the expense of increased CPU usage.
- Added “Solo” ability to Cab block.
- Added “Plexi 2204” Amp model based on a 1981 JMP 50W Master Volume head.
- Added modifier capability to Resonator block Chord and Frequency parameters.
- Fixed Output block buffer stuck when bypassed causing high pitched tone.
- Fixed Pitch block not initializing correctly on patch change.
- Fixed Pitch block sometimes getting “stuck” on negative harmony shifts.
- Fixed distortion on Crystal Echoes pitch type if Direction is set to Reverse and Shift is set to +4.
- Fixed MIDI message(s) immediately following a PC message being ignored, i.e. Scene Select CC.
- Fixed some minor GUI bugs.
- Fixed MIDI bank select.
- Fixed Scene Copy function not copying Amp block bypass states.
- Fixed can’t select Amp type when creating a new preset if the previous preset had the Amp block channel as anything other than ‘A’.
- Fixed External Controller initial values not being applied and garbage values in any of these controllers that are not assigned.
- Added ability to route block when Layout is zoomed out.
- Added Input Source select to ADSR and Envelope in Control block.
- Fixed low-cut and high-cut filters not working in Multitap Delay block.
- Fixed Amp blocks bypass states not being preserved across preset changes.
- Fixed Tone Match block Smoothing parameter not working.
- Fixed Quad Tape Delay missing modifier for Motor Speed (formerly labeled Tape Speed).
- Fixed MIDI CC Channel changes not responding above values of 3.
- Various GUI enhancements and improvements.
- First public firmware release.
- Initial firmware release on the first shipped units.
- No release notes.