Feedback Send/Return effect
From Axe-Fx II Wiki
Feedback Send/Return: supported by which Fractal Audio products?
- Axe-Fx II: yes.
- FX8: no.
- AX8: no.
Feedback Send/Return settings
- Both blocks have parameters which need configuring. In most cases you'll want Send to feed the Return block only, not to pass signal to the next block. So Send Level has to be at 100% and Output Level stays at zero. In the Return block Mix has to be at 100% and Return Level at 0.0.
Feedback runaway protection in Feedback Send/Return
- Cliff: "The feedback return will clip at extremely high input levels. This is a protection mechanism to prevent against "runaway" if someone creates a feedback loop. The feedback return clips at a level of 38 dBu. This is nearly 10 times the maximum output level of the unit. If this protection were not there a feedback loop could be created that would result in digital overflow and cause a reboot." source
Using Feedback Send/Return to extend the grid
- On the Axe-Fx II you can use Feedback Send/Return to create a routing of more than 12 blocks. This manual explains how this works.
Feedback Send/Return examples
Enhancing FXL with Feedback Send/Return
- Feedback Send and Return can be used to enhance the FXL block. By itself FXL can be used to:
- allow a signal to enter the grid through Effects Return (Input 2) or
- to send the grid signal through Effects Send (Output 2).
- By placing FXL inbetween Feedback Return and Feedback Send, you can accomplish both: send input from Input 2 to Output 2. See FXL / Effects Loop.